Policies & Procedures
- I do not currently participate in any managed health care plans, however a portion of each therapy visit may be covered by ‘out of network’ insurance coverage.
- Fees vary based upon the nature and type of service as well as the length of the service provided.
- I recognize that treatment can be costly. You may be able to utilize your ‘out-of-network’ medical insurance coverage for partial reimbursement. If that is not an available option, then discounted fees may sometimes be arranged with me after the initial consultation, on a case by case basis, but such discounts cannot be guaranteed and are limited.
- All fees are due at the time services are provided.
- MasterCard, VISA, Discover, as well as personal checks are accepted. A $25 fee will be charged for any returned checks.
- Please contact your insurance carrier to discuss ‘out-of-network’ benefit reimbursement. My billing assistant can provide you an itemized bill for services suitable for your insurance company to process.
- The Highlands Program and all career and executive coaching services are not eligible for medical insurance reimbursement.
Health Insurance / Managed Care
To submit for out-of-network benefits, your health plan may require prior authorization and approval. In addition, it may require a treatment plan or other documentation. It is your responsibility to find out what your coverage is and if you require pre-authorization or a treatment plan. Failure to do so may result in non-reimbursement of your out-of-network benefits.
If you have any questions or concerns about your insurance or managed care plan, please discuss with me or my billing assistant.
Missed Appointments, Cancelled, and Rescheduled Appointments
Since your appointment times are reserved well in advance, you are asked to keep all scheduled appointments. I require that you provide at least 24 hours notice for any cancellation or change.
Your full fee will be charged for an appointment not cancelled within 24 hours.
Insurance companies do not reimburse you for missed/broken appointments, and you will be responsible for the full charge.
I also understand emergencies do arise. Please contact me if you have a circumstance or emergency that will preclude your ability to keep your appointment. The sooner I know, the more likely I will be able to fill your appointment time with someone who is waiting for an appointment.
I make every effort to provide appointment times that are conducive to your schedule, generally Monday thru Friday 8AM – 5:30 PM.
On Call Services
I understand that life happens 24/7. When in treatment, your care and needs are paramount. I provide a voice mail where you may leave a confidential message any time of day or night. Furthermore, I have someone covering for me when I am on vacation and cannot be reached. In either case, I make every effort to return calls within 24 hours. Should you need more immediate assistance see below.
Contact 911 immediately if you or someone with you is having a medical or psychiatric emergency.